The Capture Photography Festival is now accepting submissions for the April 2-29, 2015 Festival.
In order for an exhibit to be included in the Festival programming, proposal must be submitted before October 31, 2014. Proposals are reviewed on an ongoing basis by Capture’s submission panel and decision letters will be sent out no later than December 15, 2014. Decisions will be made as we receive submissions–the sooner we receive an application the the sooner you will be notified of your exhibition’s status with the festival.
The call is open to all exhibitions of photo and lens-based works focusing on any subject matter. Additionally, we welcome proposals for innovative events and public art projects–think outside the box! The panel will be looking to showcase solo and group exhibitions that demonstrate artistic excellence to present a dynamic range of subjects and broad spectrum of projects within the Festival. Exhibitions must have a confirmed venue, and priority will be given to those presented in professional spaces. We will not accept individual proposals without a confirmed exhibition space. The number of exhibitions that will be accepted to the Festival program is limited.
Please note, proposals that are accepted into the festival will be subject to a $200 participation fee. The fee is waived for registered not-for-profit galleries and organizations.
Festival Benefits include:
- One full page in the Capture Photography Festival magazine with a 200-300 word description of the exhibition and at least one image reproduction
- One web page with up to three images on the Festival website
- Listings for related artist talks, events and openings in our promotional materials
- Press access to your image on the website
- Capture venue signage
- Minimum 50 free copies of the Capture Photography Festival Magazine
- Option to sell your magazines for the cover price, and keep the proceeds.
- Increased traffic to your gallery (10-50%)
Additional pending benefits:
- Complimentary wine for opening receptions.
- Discounted advertising rate in the Georgia Straight.
- Feature in free 8-page festival guide in Preview Magazine.
Proposals must include:
- Project Outline (Max 500 words)
- Artist and Curator Bios (Max 250 words each)
- Up to four images
- Name and location of venue
- Floorplan and description of venue must be included if the venue has never before exhibited with Capture
- Dates (tentative)
Please send all proposals to email@example.com. Subject line: Exhibition Submission. Attention Meredith Carr, Festival Program Manager.