Capture Connects is a community of arts supporters with a particular interest in lens-based practices seeking a deeper engagement with contemporary art through specially curated events throughout the year. As a not-for-profit society, we rely on the support of our community to mount the Festival including our exhibitions, public art projects, public programs and catalogue. We have created Capture Connects for those who wish to support our efforts and to offer meaningful engagement with lens-based work and the powerful conversations they spark beyond the month of the Festival.
PURPOSE OF CAPTURE CONNECTS:
- To foster a deeper engagement with lens-based art and artists with a particular focus on Vancouver
- To nurture potential donors and supporters of Capture
- To build a community for Capture beyond the month of the Festival
$1000 per person, annually. ($500 purchase, $500 donation)
- 4 private events exclusively for members including:
- Tours of private collections
- Private tours of exhibitions with curators
- Studio visits with lens-based artists
- Capture Membership
- Voting rights at Capture’s AGM
- One Capture Artist Edition of your choice (including Kapwani Kiwanga, Dana Claxton, Ian Wallace)
- 10% discount on additional Capture Artist Editions
- Recognition in Capture’s 2024 Catalogue
- Invitation to Capture’s Annual Supporter’s Preview
- Opportunities to bring guests to specific events
- Premium seating at Capture-produced in-person events during the festival
*Please indicate your Artist Edition selection in the dropdown menu above.
Donate Through Chimp
Donations made through Chimp to our charitable partner, the Vancouver Association of Photographic Arts (VAPA), qualify for a tax receipt. All donations collected through VAPA go to Capture Photography Festival.
Achieve Supporter status with a donation of $200 or more.
With a minimum donation of $200, you will be recognized as a Supporter of Capture Photography Festival.
In addition to one year of membership benefits, you’ll receive a free Capture tote bag along with exclusive invitations to Supporter-only events during Capture 2020 and Capture 2021. Additionally, you will receive a full tax receipt and acknowledgement on our website and in a future Capture Catalogue.