Reporting directly to Capture Photography Festival’s Executive Director, the Grant Writer researches, develops and writes grants for the Festival. This role is a flexible, part time, contract position.
Capture seeks to connect Vancouver to the world through lens-based art. Our mission is to:
- Act as a platform to expand visual literacy through lens-based art;
- Connect communities to incite meaningful dialogue between artists, curators, audiences, organizations and institutions;
- Give voice to traditionally underrepresented communities; and
- Present compelling, urgent lens-based art annually.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to and supervised by Capture’s Executive Director, the Grant Writer is responsible for:
- Researching potential grant applications;
- Drafting texts for grant applications including statistics;
- Managing Capture’s grant calendar to ensure deadlines are met;
- Liaising with grant officers; and
- Tracking and preparing final reports; and
- Support the development of budgets and coordinate the finalization of budgets.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Degree in fine arts, liberal arts, curatorial studies or related arts
- Knowledge of and strong interest in contemporary art
- Interest and engagement with local arts community
- Experience in grant writing and proven track record of securing grant funding
- Exceptional research skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exemplary organization skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of professional practices and standards in the field
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly
- Excellent planning and time management, with the ability to multitask, and prioritize within a busy working environment
- Proven Ability to deliver on deadlines
- Capacity to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work collaboratively both with a small internal team of colleagues and external stakeholders including artists and curators
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience writing applications for various grant bodies (i.e. Canada Council for the Arts, BC Arts Council, Gaming, and Heritage Canada)
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of local, national and international artists and arts organizations, particularly as relates to lens-based practices
- Experience working for a not for profit
- Knowledge of marketing and audience development in the arts
- Data collection
Title: Grant Writer
Reporting to: Executive Director
Contract Terms: $30/hr; flexible schedule driven by grant deadlines.
Work Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. While we are currently working from home, we anticipate working from the office in the fall. Please note the office is, unfortunately, not wheelchair accessible but accommodations will be made for those with mobility issues.
Application Deadline: 5 pm PST, August 20, 2021,
Interview Dates: August-September, 2021
Capture Photography Festival sincerely thanks all those who apply, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter, c.v. and writing sample in one document as a PDF stating GRANT WRITER in the subject line to [email protected]