Reporting directly to Capture Photography Festival’s Executive Director, the Grant and Development Coordinator researches, develops and writes grants for the Festival. This position also supports all development activities including researching and preparing sponsorship proposals, donor funding requests and foundation applications. This position will support all development-related events.
The goal of this position is to help this growing organization build capacity so it can expand upon its ambitious programming. This role is a 28 hr/week position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to and supervised by Capture’s Executive Director, the Grant and Development Coordinator is responsible for:
- Research and write grant, foundation and sponsor applications;
- Draft texts for grant applications including statistics about the festival and reach of the organization;
- Manage Capture’s grant calendar, ensuring all deadlines are met;
- Liaising with grant officers to ensure alignment with the funding opportunity;
- Track and prepare final reports for grants, foundations, sponsors and donors;
- Develop fund development budget which will feed into the master organizational budget
- Develop a pipeline of donors by identifying and cultivating new relationship
- Support the Executive Director in the stewardship of donors, sponsors and supporters;
- Support the Executive Director in planning donor and sponsor events;
- Maintain up-to-date contact files for all donors and sponsors;
- Prepare collateral for sponsor and donor solicitation;
- Attend Festival events in the month of April; and
- Other duties related to grant, foundation and sponsor applications and engagement.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Degree in fine arts, liberal arts, curatorial studies or related field
- Strong interest and knowledge of contemporary art
- Interest and engagement with local arts community
- Experience in grant writing
- Fund Development experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exemplary organization skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of professional practices and standards in the cultural sector
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly
- Proactive thinker
- Excellent time management, with the ability to multitask, and prioritize within a busy working environment
- Capacity to work calmly and professionally under pressure
- Ability to work collaboratively both with a small internal team of colleagues and a diverse array of external stakeholders including artists, curators, sponsors, and donors
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of local, national and international artists and arts organizations, particularly as relates to lens-based practices
- Experience working for a not for profit
- Knowledge of marketing, development and audience engagement in the cultural sector
Title: Grant and Development Coordinator
Reporting to: Executive Director
Contract Terms: $30/hr, preferably Monday-Thursday; some flexibility will be required for occasional evening events, particularly during the month of April.
Work Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Please note the office is, unfortunately, not wheelchair accessible but accommodations will be made for those with mobility issues.
Application Deadline: 5 pm PST, June 15, 2023.
Interview Dates: June-July, 2023.
Capture Photography Festival sincerely thanks all those who apply, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter, c.v. and writing sample in one document as a PDF stating Grant and Development Coordinator in the subject line to [email protected]